Sunday, November 20, 2005

Postings

Sorry for the lack of postings here, just haven't had the time.

I have been maintaining my walking routine - following it around the neighbor hood as well as walking up stairs at work and getting out to walk to meetings during the day. Haven't seen a significant (or any) weight loss yet, but its worth noting that my waist line has trimmed down an inch or two (I was a 38 and they fall down now. I can fit in a 36, but its close).

Anyway, went out hunting this weekend in the George Washington National Forest and was invited to stay in some friendly folk's (including a reader of my other blog) camp.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Spent some time Friday scouting around and on Saturday woke up at 5:00 and started climbing the side of the mountain at 6:00. I had a headlamp, but there wasn't a cloud in the sky (it was 20 degrees) and the moon was full. Gorgeous. By 6:45 I was at my spot - 600 feet up the side of the mountain at 2013 feet elevation hidden in a stone wall overlooking a ravine.

Here's the view as the sun came up though the gap (didn't want to use a flash for fear of scaring what apparently wasn't around)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's my equipment, including my Marlin 336 in .30-30.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was a buck day and all I saw were 4 lesbian does. Oh well, those are the breaks. Still had a wonderful time.

Here's a skull from years past.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com